Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Friday, December 09, 2011

HTC

I stopped by the HTC retail outlet this afternoon to experience their phones.

The salesperson was boasting the Sensation XL can take better pictures than the iPhone 4S, because of its superior camera quality.

I checked out the large phone after the previous customer. Screen was gorgeous. First thing I wanted to try were the maps and navigation. I opened Location and I got a list of checkboxes. I had to ask for help from the sales guy: he opened another app called Navigation, then demurred that maps weren't downloaded yet.

On the brochure HTC mentioned the XL runs 2.3.5.

POC. Then I thought about the running cost of the retail outlet: $2m a month for rent, probably zero revenue. Two salespersons.

Waste of money.

No comments: