Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

How to make an iTunes ringtone

My friend could never got his favorite song onto his iPhone as a ringtone. It turns out that he has trouble changing the file extension from m4a to m4r. His computer does not show it, at all.

Imagine trying to teach him over the phone to do so, on Windows 7.

Curses.

I went the easy route - let's install logmein. I wanted to remote control and show this visually. Five minutes later, I got him to download the software, but the install failed after many clicks of "next next next". Apparently access was denied somewhere.

That show file extensions option must be somewhere in the damn Control Panel.

No comments: