Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Wonderful Couple

Canon 5D ISO200 1/400 f4 50mm


I feel my subjects of interest changed to people from still life/colors. I was reviewing my files from past week, and the majority of them concentrated on postures and interactions of people, and their environment.

It is difficult to take portraits. Usually people notice your camera, and they react to it and thus making it impossible to take candid shots. Colors need to be right to recreate the correct skin tones. The eyes need to be in focus, and therefore you need to control the shutter speed and aperture to provide enough depth of field. It gets complicated when there are more than one subject, such as in the above picture. People move fast and they get distracted easily. The photographer need to make all the critical decisions quickly.


No comments: