Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Blue Skies and Snow White

Snow Mountains

It was an exhausting trip: we covered more than 1500km in four days, an average of 10 hours a day on tour bus. Every morning we woke up before 6am to get on the road by 7, and we did not get to our room by 10pm. It was almost a torture, rather than a tour.

Thus you can only imagine our excitements when we first saw the peak. It was a gorgeous day: weather at 20s with lots of sun and blue skies. We were on our cable car to the foot camp, and this was shot straight out from the small ventilation window. I opted for a faster shutter speed in order the minimise the effect of movement and camera shake. The lens performed well.

Canon 5D 70-200mm f4 IS at 70mm f8 1/1250s ISO400

2 comments:

shirley so said...

Eddy,
i like it, where? China?

Eddy said...

Hey - This was shot in 海螺沟 in 四川.

For me, this picture is all about the little tip of the cable car tower to the left of the frame. It reminds me of our experience.

I tried removing the defect, never worked for me.