Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beach near Aptos, CA

Canon IXUS 40 at 5.8mm (35mm equiv.) f5.6 1/200sec

There are a lot of different things I love about this image. Yuri shot this on a Canon point and shoot camera. She put me facing the sunset, a beautiful quality of light. It casted wonderful shadow details on the beach, and created the gorgeous colors and skin tones.

Whether that was serendipity or by design, the horizon was put on one-third across the frame and made the perfect cut across my neck. The blue sky worked really well with the green and yellow landscape. One thing I really appreciate is her shadow casted on my shirt, which reminds me of our connection and the moment.

I wanted to thank her again for taking this beautiful image when I was in California.

No comments: