Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Thursday, May 31, 2007


Tripods are wonderful. They make good pictures. But they are clumsy.

Cheap ones doesn't work. You fumble with them for two minutes and they would not extend to your desired positions. They are mostly heavy. They never level well, they retract by themselves, and they fall with your camera and lens. Many times my tripod can't be retracted long after I took my shot. I went surveying the new cheap ones and all I found are disappointments.

Good ones are expensive, heavy, or both. The base and the ball head would land you at more than $600. Considering one usually mounts more than $1,500 worth of gear on a tripod, I guess it's a place not to skimp.

No comments: