Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Friday, May 25, 2007


Technically speaking this photo is very lacking: in the original picture the white balance is way off and it was significantly underexposed. I sometimes think I have a faulty camera with bad metering. One day I will check it with Canon to see if it was the camera or the man behind it that needs to be fixed.

This is one of the first few pictures I took of strangers on the street. Many photographers, including me, are very afraid of asking people on the street whether they can pose for pictures. We are scared and afraid of being refused. The fear feels real and significant among many of us.

Is our fear real? Is it true? Is it always true?

I said, "I really like your bag, the orange color fits you well and it looks beautiful.". She was laughing and shy, and she posed for me.

No comments: