Eddy Poon

Here I post some of my photos. Sometimes I share other amusements I encounter. I am reachable at my personal site.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007


I am following examples of The Online Photographer, Ted Matsumura and Craig Tanner. In between my busy times I will pick some of my work and post them here with comments. I hope this serves as a journal of my photographic thoughts and experiences.

This picture was taken by my friend in Yun Nan in China. The moment I saw the photo I immediately thought of converting it to a black and white, in order to emphasize the old lady's smile and skin tone. This was done in Photoshop using the green and the red channels.

My friend spoke with many farmers and children in the countryside, and she reiterated how peaceful and fortunate they feel about their lives. I definitely see it in the smile. It's good to feel fortunate, everyday.

No comments: